FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calala island, Nicaragua
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:39 am
redstormrising

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Originally Posted by escape4
Wow I had no idea there was a SLH over there. How do you even get to Calala island, which airport nearby would be the best recommendation? Bluefields?

Maybe they just took it out of hyatt.com but I cannot find any kind of availability on Hyatt's website right now, not even cash.

Preacher7 when did you book? In the last few days? Good for you that you got points availability! ^ When booking with points, is it all-inclusive like it is when booking cash on SLH?

If I was holding a points booking now, no way I would cancel just for fear of hurricanes. Keep it!

Resort (on both cash and paid stays) includes RT transfers from Managua, not sure about Bluefields but would check with the resort prior to booking flights outside of Managua. AA seemed to have the best options flight-wise of the US3, but couldn't make saver availability work for the times I was looking for.

For checking availability: what worked best for me was checking through the Calala site itself, find time when a Junior Suite is available and then check Hyatt. It looked to me like if the Junior Suite price was $2K+ per night it was not available on points, less than $2Kish it was. I found a week or two in June with 5-night availability but this was earlier in the week. This looks like an awesome redemption, for anyone that didn't see looks like even on points food and drinks are all-inclusive, along with a lot of excursions (diving and some others are more). Will definitely be looking to book here soon.