FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:25 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah I had some similar e-up weirdness that I should mention.

Booked a transborder FP trip before the migration. Return trip with a stop in YUL both ways. When I went to secure the upgrades, the good news was that there was positive R space on all legs. The annoying thing was that I couldn't just upgrade the whole outbound / return 14 days in advance. I had to do each segment separately no earlier than T-14 exactly for each flight. So four separate upgrades.

In the past, once the first flight on the outbound or return was at T-14 I could confirm upgrades for all legs to / from my destination. But that no longer works, at least for me and at least for this trip.

I also got hosed on the credits used since I didn't get the reduced rate I've seen in the past for upgrading two or more segments. It was full pull (4 credits each) for all of them, likely because the new system can't figure out how to stitch them together. Or something. And of course the e-up calculator appears to be gone so I can't double check what I should have 'paid'.

Overall, a royal pain and more 'expensive' in terms of e-up burn. But I'd be interested to see if this is the new normal.

I'd call and complain but I have day job and it's highly likely I'll end up cancelling anyway due to another travel conflict. Not that I really need them, but I will be watching for the return of those unused e-up credits like hawk.

This does not bode well for me for an upcoming multi-flight transcon booking.

Has anyone here tried calling in to request eUpgrades for their multi-flight PNR and have the calculation work correctly?

Bohemian1 if this is the "new norm", then the eUpgrade promo chart, effective to February 29, 2020 doesn't reflect it at all.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html