FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer time - Frankfurt Airport to Train
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:23 am
BAECAddict

Programs: BA Gold
The transfer from Terminal 2 (where BA arrives) to the long distance station (or Fernbahnhof) is a right royal pain-in-the-arse and a reason why I do not like FRA. There are two ways of getting from T2 to the station: shuttle bus or transit.

The airport authorities heavily steer you to the shuttle bus - it is pretty well sign-posted after passing customs and the bus stop is right outside the door, but the wait can be in the order of 10 minutes and you need to make sure you get on the station bus, not the Terminal 1 bus. Once on the bus, it's about a 10 minute journey and you're dropped right at the station entrance. The bus, by the way, is not well endowed with luggage space. I'd say allow half an hour.

I would not recommend the transit route since apart from the fairly poor sign-posting, you do need to go up at least three escalators to reach it at T2 then down another two at T1, across the cab rank up another escalator then along the walkway from T1 to the station. A total faff and I estimate when I last tried it that it took me half an hour from platform to T2 security.

So customs to station, allow half an hour and choose the lesser of two evils, the shuttle bus. Viel Spass in Muenchen!

(As an aside, I first arrived at FRA on BA as a student in 1993... in those days it was T1 and the Inter City trains left from the regional station downstairs - it was blissfully easy in comparison. The situation has defined been enhanced since then...)

Last edited by BAECAddict; Nov 27, 2019 at 8:30 am