FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calala island, Nicaragua
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2019, 5:45 am
projectmaximus

Originally Posted by escape4
Wow I had no idea there was a SLH over there. How do you even get to Calala island, which airport nearby would be the best recommendation? Bluefields?

Maybe they just took it out of hyatt.com but I cannot find any kind of availability on Hyatt's website right now, not even cash.

Preacher7 when did you book? In the last few days? Good for you that you got points availability! ^ When booking with points, is it all-inclusive like it is when booking cash on SLH?

If I was holding a points booking now, no way I would cancel just for fear of hurricanes. Keep it!
Minimum stays may be messing with your search, but they have a total of 4 rooms so I wouldn't be surprised if it is now booked solid. It was shared on some blog sites the other day and seems there was a huge rush to book whatever was left (there was already limited award availability before that)

The impression I got is you fly into Managua and then the hotel provides free transfers for all guests (with a puddle jumper AND boat ride). In fact, the entire stay is all-inclusive.