FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Int'l Business via OTA, or carrier?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:12 am
iplaybass

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Question Booking Int'l Business via OTA, or carrier?

Hi all,

We are doing an anniversary trip flying into VCE and out of FCO. After doing research on specific OTAs, and reading general "consolidator" threads, it seems it isn't worth the possibility of hassle if something should go sideways. Besides, I haven't seen much of a discount for our itinerary unless it's economy on one or more legs. I'm suspicious of anyone offering huge discounts, or asking me if I have any miles to use. Does anyone have any experience with Cook Travel? I can't find much on them.

I did use Priceline for an upcoming SXM trip. The DL website wanted double the ITA Matrix fare, but I was able to get the Matrix price (either Kayak or Google Flights steered me Priceline to book.) Everything showed up properly at DL, and I've been managing the trip via DL ever since. When a schedule change became a problem, DL CS changed us to a recently-added flight out of SXM which gets us home significantly earlier.