FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:05 am
fone

Originally Posted by shuigao
Yes, you would be able to switch to the saver and get the excess miles refunded to your KF account.
IIRC, it has to be a cancellation and "fresh" booking. KF has a clause that no refunds of miles would be made if lesser miles is required, if it is a change of booking type only.

Originally Posted by shuigao
BUT ... I would imagine it being highly unlikely to happen: Why would SQ open up Saver waitlists when there are confirmed / ticketed Advantage awards booked?
My personal experience on this:
Already have 4x J saver booked for this particular flight. 5th and 6th passenger waitlisted for both F and J saver. I was tired of waiting for the saver and confirmed 1 pax in F advantage and 1 pax in J advantage, while still waitlisted for saver separately. CSO also agreed that this would hurt my chances for the saver waitlists. To my surprise, the F saver cleared for both passengers (not sure if 2nd saver cleared before or after the F advantage was cancelled). This is a plane with only 4 F seats, and with about 3 weeks to the flight, F is empty except for the 2 of us. J saver has not cleared. Cancelled advantage award for US$50, and made a "new" booking for F saver for a difference of 50k miles back.

So having advantage booked/reserved for the same flight as saver waitlist, for my 2 experiences for the same flight in different cabin at least, still has a chance of clearing.

Last edited by fone; Nov 26, 2019 at 6:11 am