FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Were The Early 80's Really That Much Better On UA Than Now?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:05 am
seat38a

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Were The Early 80's Really That Much Better On UA Than Now?

So I found and watched this video on YouTube. It's of KE's premium cabin service in 1983 from what I can tell from the few English in the description. Starting at 0:17 shows the meal service with salad being prepared from the trolley. For those of you who were flying UA in the late 70's early 80's, was the service really that much better than its today? I mean the salad service by the FA's dressed in Korean costume just doesn't seem all that impressive to me. It looks like plain salad tossed with dressing with condiments and toppings offered from what looks like plastic containers.

The tray table setup just seems meh and those seats are atrocious. The good ole days just don't look so "good" in my opinion. The video may not be of UA, but I'm guessing everyone offered similar service back then. Give me lie flat Polaris seats over trolley salad and FA's in local costumes any day.

Did the dog and pony show really make what looks like just lettuce and dressing that much tastier than the salad from Polaris below?

Last edited by seat38a; Nov 26, 2019 at 6:54 am