FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:27 am
shipitkthx

Originally Posted by bailey911
Been MSing for many years, lots of interesting experiences at the grocery store and Wally over the years, but yesterday deserves a special mention here

Was visiting a city in Florida, saw a neighborhood market and went in. Was getting one 799.12 MO. Machine ran out of paper. Yellow vest comes in and she's an "Academy Leader". Never seen one b4. She reloads the paper then tells the cashier 4 x 200 payments means I am using GCs to buy MOs and that is "structuring" She then proceeds to tell the cashier to be on the lookout for people who use GCs, then turns to me and says. "I am voiding this transaction. What you are doing is illegal. You are using GCs to buy our money orders to deposit them in your bank account to pay your credit card to get points and rewards. We know your game. That is illegal. It is called structuring. If I see you here again I will call the police" She then walked away.

I left the store, went to another wallys and got the MO but wow, just wow.
I would politely request that she does, in fact, call the police. Then I'd take a seat and wait for her to be embarrassed.
Also I would then remind her of something she should have learned on day 1 of manager training: NEVER accuse a customer of a crime unless you're a huge fan of defamation lawsuits.