FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cornish pasty fix
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by stut
It's tricky - a pasty is more of a lunchtime food that you buy from a bakery, and you'll tend to find pubs around London will only be serving mediocre reheated ones at best.

I'd generally say that the best pasty around London would be from the West Cornwall Pasty Co.

(Also bear in mind that a genuine Cornish Pasty has to be made in Cornwall. Otherwise, well, it's a corny pastiche...)

There is a WCPC in Ealing Broadway station (direct train from Heathrow). While that's hardly a dinner destination, there's nothing to stop you from enjoying the pasty and moving on to a pub - there's a fair few good ones there.
Thanks for the reply - WCPC will certainly work for us - I had forgotten they have places all over now. It looks like maybe a Hatton Cross Hilton stay might be good for us then (tube to South Ealing then a reasonable walk from there). And if we coincidentally walk past a decent pub, it would be churlish not to pop in and remind myself what real ale tastes like (or at least the best approximation you can get in London).

No time for us this trip for a detour to the south-west coast for the real thing - but compared to the horrors of a Chinese imitation (they do exist ...) WCPC/Ginsters will do just fine! Actually I can see from Google Maps now that that there is a Ginster's distribution center somewhere near Heston, so maybe we'll just hang around there and see if one falls of the back of a lorry