FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale [Master Thread]
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:57 pm
habshabs444

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
We just recently returned from the Villas a couple of weeks back after another 'bounce back' offer which I think was our 5th time staying there. These offers we have used several times and usually cost $995 for 4 nights + 100K bonvoy points + having to endure a 90 minute timeshare spiel which I feel is good value in mid to high season. The downside is you get one of the smaller 1 bedroom units which is short on space and natural light. I enquired the week before how much a cash upgrade would be for the much preferred 1 bedroom premium units and was told that although the first night they were full, they could move us for the remainder of our stay for a very reasonable $30/night. Upon check-in, I was informed that I had been upgraded for free for the entire stay (not sure if this was due to my plat status or not). As well, we elected for the breakfast benefit which consisted of $20/day at the restaurant.

Overall, we had another fantastic stay. The villas suit a young family extremely well with full kitchen and dining table. Service at WKV has and continues to be one of their strong points. In fact, we were remembered by several employees from our last stay in March. The vast majority of employees have worked their for years with the lack of turnover speaking to how well run the hotel is. As well, the location is fantastic with a quick free shuttle to a variety of dining/shopping. The only downside was one of our car seats failed to make it to PHX on our Air Canada flight. Air Canada gave us a brand new replacement to keep (albeit lower quality) and stated that we would be notified when it was to be delivered the next day. We were never in fact notified so we assumed it was sitting at the airport waiting for us upon our return. When we enquired at the airport, we were told that it had been in fact delivered, but we weren't notified on either end. I called the hotel and they had had it for several days, but why it didn't get delivered to our room is beyond me. The front office manager apologized profusely and it was fedex'd back to Calgary arriving several days later.

Although I don't feel there is value in shelling out $30K for a 1 week timeshare here, there is definite value in their bounce back packages for which we bought another one. A sub 3hr hop from YYC with a couple of young kids in tow makes the Villas an ideal respite for an extended long weekend from the harsh Canadian winters.