FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:24 am
frandrake

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Impressive place. One of the best lounges I have ever been to, possibly top 3.

The good

- The space is amazing, fixtures, design, overall quality of build - it's a very pleasant space where to spend a few hours;
- The service is outstanding, the best I ever had in a lounge. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact it's a soft opening and they are stress testing. I saw a lot of senior Accor and Qantas staff in "plain clothes" roaming around, talking to customers and staff but anyways, waiters proactively coming to your sofa offering refills, attentive service (showing wine label and waiting for customer acceptance before pouring) etc.
- I asked to see the showers, they have an amazing LED ceiling lamp emulating a Velux. It's like showering with natural light coming through the ceiling;
- The food was great. I had a sandwich and an entree of the quality you would expect from a five star hotel lounge (I underline lounge, not restaurant)

The bad

- The office area is not very functional as all sockets are covered by a metal flap, I guess if you have a Mac or a large adapter you might struggle
- At 6pm it was completely full. Packed.
- They only serve NV, mass market champ

Overall an amazing place and a massive improvement from the J offering. Also much better than the LHR lounge, although it's very similar in design the food offering and attention to detail is levels above.