FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Switching Back to Hyatt
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:37 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
Questions to the smart Hyatt people here. I was a member with Hyatt (still am) and a loyalist with their previous program. When the program changed, I was forced to move back to Hilton because the highest level was not a possible achievement for me, where it was with another program. I have a couple of questions that you might be able to assist me with, as I don't know if anything has changed in regards to the program itself.

1. I understand they don't do status match, so I will be starting over from scratch. I am okay with that, because I enjoyed my time at Hyatt, but do they offer challenges to expedite it?

2. Are points stays still not counted towards status?

3. The biggest difference I see between Globalist and Explorist is Lounge Access, upgrade includes suites and free parking? Am I missing any others? Resort fees always waived?

I do more than 60 nights now with Hilton each year, but very much enjoyed having points nights count towards that. With Hyatt not counting them in the past, I am not sure I get there and could determine if this will work, because the perks are pretty considerable. Does the Hyatt CC (which I have) give a head start in nights like Amex Bonvoy does (we have that one too).

Thanks in advance.
1. I think there are challenges to expedite it here and there -- If you are AAdvantage Plat or higher there are supposedly expedited status challenges. There are also (last I knew) selected status challengers if you are employed by selected employers. It's been a while since I've seen a widescale open to all challenge offer though.

2. Point stays -and- free night awards (no matter if they come from milestones or credit cards) all count towards status.

3. Like you said, upgrades (when available) to suites, suite upgrade instruments, lounge access, and yes Resort fees always waived. Also free parking on award stays. There are some soft benefits as well that are 'off record' but which I have regularly enjoyed (some properties do welcome gifts still, I never seem to get charged for rollaways). I think the biggest difference (to me) though is free breakfast when there isn't a lounge. I've really enjoyed some great restaurant breakfasts at full service Hyatts!!

4.The World of Hyatt CC gives you 5 night credits every year, and then 2 night credits for every 5K spent. I think I have about 30 nights this year from the WOH CC.