FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agoda refund takes too long
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:46 pm
rcrc11

Agoda refund takes too long

Hello, is it a hassle to get a refund from Agoda? I have canceled a reservation from Agoda on Nov 7, and after about 10 days the fund was still not credited back to my credit card. I called their hotline on Nov 18 and was told that they have tried several times (Nov 8 and 9) refunding that amount but it was always declined and they would "escalate" the case. I have called again on Nov 20 to follow up but was told that there was technical issue and to call back 24 hours after. Called again today and they still couldnt give me a definitive answer. All they can tell me is that there is still no reply from their bank; they will escalate the matter and call them back with in 24-48 hours. I was also told by 2 of their agents that their refund time is 30 days or more, is this true?

I gave my credit card company a call and they told me that it is impossible because if they were able to charge my card they would also be able to refund without any problems.

How long does it really take Agoda to refund? Should I be worried and start a dispute case with my credit card company.

Last edited by rcrc11; Nov 21, 2019 at 12:17 am