FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK status match (2017 onwards)
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:31 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WLobo
I have reviewed the posts and would appreciate some advice. I fly between Mexico City and Africa (various cities) 5-7 times per year. I just recently noticed that TK serves MEX. I currently fly United/*A and have United 1K status.

Given the improved connections and my preference for TK I will start flying them in any event, but here are my questions:
1. Would TK do a status match and if so would there be any benefit for me (e.g. better mileage accrual rate)?
2. What would be the best strategy for me as I have UA1k for 2020... should I just start flying TK now and accrue to TK or is there benefit to accrue to UA MilesPlus in 2020 and then switch to accrue to TK thereafter?
3. Any other observations, hints or advice that you would offer?
... Many thanks in advance!!!
I know that you may be new to FT, but your question has very little to do with the status match opportunity - especially since AFAIK TK don't match other *A statuses - and a lot to do with choosing between two different *A programmes, which belongs elsewhere.

Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here