FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Family of 8 in Business Class
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:47 pm
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
This sounds like a great adventure for your family! There are definitely some airlines/equipments that will be more challenging than others. For example, I would avoid JAL, as their business-class seats are generally "boxes" with walls around them, so next-to-zero sight lines. I would also avoid any DL flights with their "Flagship Suites", as they are also walled in (e.g., the 330-900 out of SEA). At this point, most of the equipment on AA, UA or non-suite DL are going to be 1-2-1 herringbone, which isn't ideal, but you can see everyone with a bit of leaning. I would suggest parents sit in two separate rows in the middle, sitting next to the infant and 4yo, with the 7yo across the aisle from one of you. The other kids presumably can manage reasonably well without being in arm's reach.

I agree with the mini-cabin suggestion, and AA has them in J on their 777-300s, which fly the LAX-HND route. That would definitely decrease your concern about bothering others, but you will need to book well in advance to lock down all eight seats on a single flight!

Also, ignore the ignorant responses about flying in economy--definitely no reason to do so if you can afford to fly in business. The sheer fact that you're asking these kind of questions suggests you're much more considerate than many who frequent the business class cabins.

Last edited by Erasmus; Nov 19, 2019 at 5:53 pm