FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH International Business - absolute rubbish!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:19 pm
d00t

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by shillard
Yeah, I looked for that forum but couldn't see it.

Must have been blind. Or drunk. Probably the latter...

I get why there was lunch, but it was on my tray almost before the seatbelt sign went off. That's bizarre.

I don't buy the excuse for no booze - what, the cabin staff are less inclined to complain about handling alcohol if the flight is longer than 3 hours? Cool story, MH!
No booze is entirely due to 1 major problem that MH has and that one problem leads to poor decision making and excuses.
The excuse is: cost saving
The problem is: Nobody in MH management has ever been a customer of the airline in any meaningful capacity. Zero frequent flyers. Zero experience. Therefore zero first-hand knowledge, which leads to poor outcomes.

Fundamentally they're unqualified to run an airline.

You're seeing the results of that through below average food, no booze (despite good research showing alcohol is linked to premium fare paying pax), product downgrades, the only airline in the world not to let top-tier flyers select their seat at no cost in econ, a worsening loyalty proposition, an airline which is 'on sale' 24/7 as they think price is the way towards recovery and ultimately - an airline that can't appear to turn a profit, entirely due to the continuous small mistake after small mistake after small poor decision after small poor descision. The seemingly unimportant decisions compounded over time equals an airline that can't and won't recover.

At this point, the airline is nothing more than a flying billboard for the country of Malaysia. Even then, it's debatable if that's helping the country.

Last edited by d00t; Nov 18, 2019 at 11:26 pm