FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Increasing Carry On Bag Enforcement, Audits (Oct 2019)
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:08 pm
AA100k

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
AA 1002 ORD-DCA today (11/18) gate H14. There was an announcement ahead of time that anyone with oversize bags or more then 1 carry on and one personal item would be expected to check their bag. Announcement was polite and the gate agent said she appreciated our assistance.

There was an employee standing behind the boarding pass scanner, it appears her job was to look at bag sizes. One of the first passengers (likely first class), with what appeared to be an overstuffed bag was ask to check. He didn't even bother with the sizer. He did not appear to be overly upset. The employee was still when I boarded with group 4. She was definitely looking at bags, but did not ask anyone else to put their bag in the sizer.
I see enough carryon bags that I feel my eyes are calibrated to easily determine the ones exceeding the limits. I’m sure these agents can tell by looking which ones are out of tolerance without using the sizer.