FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:13 pm
rasheed

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Why not just build a card that you can live with from the beginning.
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
i can understand they want to rid themselves of a large group of customers (locusts) but it seems like it would have been easier to do some profitability analysis of their clients, and simply not renew cards that way. i realize that is painful, but its not like this method doesn't have some long term costs too. we're actual real CNB bank customers and don't love what is happening....
I know people say this in concept, but I think legal teams have told the issuers that they can't just drop customers unless they do something really not allowed or specifically against the rules. So, making the card undesirable makes the most sense. Because there are credit reports and related involved, it just becomes too much of a problem.

This also bodes badly for the Infinite brand. Not that it was easy to get into one of these cards from an AF perspective, but the benefits are getting paired back pretty fast.

On the idea of building a card from the beginning that an issuer can live with, Barclays tried that with Arrival Premier, but it doesn't work in today's market.

AmEx has also done a lot of bad stuff recently to Platinum and Centurion. So, if Chase decides to make changes to CSR, then I don't think there will be much allowed to have high ROI versus the high AF.