FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: 2019 MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:32 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ashley1245
Hello friends,
I'm planning ahead for Christmas 2020. I'm trying to fly my family of 4 to Europe for Christmas/New Years in 2020. I know that mileage awards are released about 331 days in advance. However, I also know that there are some periods of time when there is no award availability at all, at any level. Does anyone know if Christmas and New Years get any saver awards released right at 331 days out? We have some flexibility with dates of travel and destinations.
Thank you,
Ashley
Xmas & New Years is not an inherently busy time to travel between the US and Europe as long as you can avoid the weekends. You should have no problem finding 4 sAAver seats as long as you can be flexible. And definitely not all seats are released right at 331 days, the opposite actually. You just need to keep checking, might be January, April, August, anyone's guess.

That said, you didn't mention if you're looking for coach or business? Finding 4 seats in business will be exponentially harder to impossible, but coach is completely do-able.