FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review Sofitel Barcelona Skipper (ex Pullman)
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:37 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Pullman Barcelona Skipper

I just stayed another time in Pullman Barcelona Skipper and this was a very good stay. I forgot that it has been reported in this thread that the main lobby was being renovated, so I was surprised when I arrived.

What they did is really superb IMO.

Also they have completely remodeled the bar which now includes a new restaurant where the food is incredible. Live music at the bar. See pictures below.

Some of the tapas they serve are the best. Among others, there is a Croque Monsieur with burrata cheese, truffle and serano ham...OMG...a true killing. I had dinner twice there with friends because the food was so good. The main courses are also excellent.

The breakfast room had also all furnitures changed.

Every single staff member was just great, polite, smiling, helpful. A true pleasure.

Regarding the room, I have nothing special to report that was not already covered by previous reviews. Renovation of the rooms is planned, but they are still in good conditions. Loyalty handling was OK (drink voucher, upgrade, late checkout at 4pm). Only missing was the welcome gift.

The only criticism I could formulate during this stay is about the late checkout. The front desk staff did not have the authority to accept it they had to ask the manager on duty. She was busy when I asked for it and so they promised me to call me to let me know (but they said upfront that it should be OK). They indeed called me to confirm everything was OK. This s a bit ridiculous IMO, front desk staff should be empowered for that kind of things without need for escalation to management. But, this is no big deal of course and, again, this was a great stay.

I can only recommend anyone reading this forum to stay in this hotel if you want Accor in BCN.

wkndtraveler reported in a previous post that this hotel will be likely rebranded as a Sofitel. I don’t have any update on this (I asked but they said they don’t know if it will happen, although it is clearly on the radar). Personally, I would not be surprised. The new lobby and bar/restaurants are fully in line with Sofitel standards.