FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:30 am
Gentleman Adventurer

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by LHSEN
I’ve a reservation which I will check in Dec 31 and check out Jan 2 - will this stay & spends counts towards current year 2019 or next year 2020? ... I do need this to count to exceed into the 10k spend ...
The Points Guy had a post on this exact topic this past week, though unfortunately he only looked into Marriott, Hyatt and Hilton's policies on the matter: https://thepointsguy.com/news/hotel-credit-new-year/

Most likely only the DEC 31 spend / night would count towards your 2019 total spend while the remaining nights in 2020 would count towards your 2020 spend, but there is no guarantee. I would not let this rest in the hands of fate. Instead, I'd get in touch with Intercontinental (Ambassador hotline if you are one) or IHG Twitter account in advance to double check and request if it's possible to have it count towards 2019 spend... Then check afterward and again make the request. That's probably your best bet.