FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on SA trip
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2019, 11:07 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I shall respond to this when I have a minute. Just got back from a night drive (I do my own) and the morning drive starts in a few hours.

Johan
Jealous!

FWIW our position has evolved into basically three options:

A) 3 nights rest camps with SANparks drives & 3 nights at a private lodge (where and at what budget TBD)

B) 3 nights at Klaserie/Timbavati, 3 nights at Sabi

C) 3 nights at a lodge Timbavati/Sabi, 3 nights at a different lodge with either Pafuri or Phinda Mountain probably the favs

The big question we still have is where to stay... Shindzela is, by your previous posts, probably our hands-down "budget option" favourite especially since they have a rather large area - but they do put 8 people in a vehicle. On the other end of the range we really like Ngala - however inbetween those two price-points there appear to be very few options... Nottens seems to be a notable exception.

We'd be extremely grateful for your/anyones insights into what lodges that are budget/quality-wise somewhere inbetween Ngala and Shindzela, with quality of the game viewing being more important than luxuriousness of the accomodation (though that's obviously a plus we don't want the actual drives to be worse but stay in luxury, which is kind of what's keeping us away from properties in fenced parks like Kapama)