FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:23 am
skybluesea
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
I completed making changes this morning to pre-existing reservations. I am in no mood to encounter any shenanigans once the migration is occurring.

I recommend making the booking today/tomorrow.
@YVRtoYYZ

Completely understandable, but WHY should you have to do this when most AC tickets permit ANYTIME CHANGES.

I had this nonsense happen over a long weekend, middle of the night EST calling in from overseas, and AC Res said "sorry cannot do because nobody in the Ticketing Office is on duty to figure out the change I desired" I complained to Concierge and few days later the change was made with Executive Office intervention back to my desired request (as NO P class then available and only Z at much higher fare)

So, if AC refuses to make a change to a booking during their migration period, is this NOT strictly a violation of the Tariff?

I do NOT recall reading in the Tariff where AC gets a "TIME-OUT" for permitted changes on either full Y/J fares, or even for discounted tickets that require some form of change fee (if applicable) because of INTERNAL system requirements.

I get why you don't need shenanigans - but this appears as a unilateral change to your purchased ticket terms?

Am I missing something - and of course many screws loose, not just a few