FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 29 people on standby and i was last..
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:46 am
shoelessj

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by aaronp84
You can see the entire standby list and your position on the SW app if you are on the list.
Good info if that is true. I am long time A List Preferred traveling on BS fare and rarely need to fly stand by but was dismayed when I attempted top do so on a flight from Omaha to MDW. I was at the airport four hours before my scheduled flight and decided to chance getting on an earlier sold out flight. The complete lack of info and communication frosted me. ' We will let you know' was the only info shared. Not a list or any discussion of how many were on the list or any clue as to where my standing was. I waited around diligently and names started to be called after boarding. Yes four or five were called and I stood near gate thinking I was next. After the last passenger count I was told 'sorry out of luck'. All of this required my active questioning of the gate attendant who seemed indifferent to my situation. The boarders before me seemed to be business people so I did not get the impression (perhaps wrong) that these were passenger who missed flights or were re routed. When I saw I was SOL I went to the gate and asked politely if all of the allowed stand by's were A List Preferred and the agent did a double take and sheepishly said yes they were.

In short while I was not happy missing the flight I was really upset at how WN handled it, Maybe they need to make a priority option for people with BS? A published list and better communication should be SOP IMHO.

Anyway thanks for letting me vent.