FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Electric Car Rental Questions
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:09 am
codfishcandy

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
I don't think kxc262 was implying the range was only 100miles, I think he was rather stating that for such a battery of that size, the range is that. While the vehicles you list, e.g. the I-Pace, would have a longer range (I think closer to 200 or 300 miles). Your most reliable source for information on this will probably be the car manufacturers. The people at Sixt are probably also a little blindsided by this as they most likely don't have too much experience with the vehicles themselves at this point, so because of that may not easily answer your questions to that regard.

Getting from Schiphol to Limburg should be ok with most electric vehicles, the distance is not that great (~150km). Honestly, the only reason I'm not making a firm statement is because I don't drive an electric car myself, and because I don't know which one you'd end up getting, but really, it's common practice out here to drive an electric car, and that includes trips from Amsterdam to Limburg. The Netherlands has a pretty good charging network (they are quite eco-minded) which means you will find a good number of places where you can charge your car, overnight or through fast charging. You can find a map on https://www.oplaadpalen.nl/ .