FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First and last name switched on ticket
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:44 pm
d00t

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Thank you to everyone who replied, really appreciate all the advice. I feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one who got caught out by their website

I contacted MH on Twitter and they said it isn't a problem if the names are swapped around as long as they are spelt correctly. They even said the agent should be able to correct it for us when we check-in. So I am gonna to take my chances and hopefully it should be ok. The website seems to have accepted our BA FF numbers ok. Fingers crossed the points post but if not I'll try the manual claim route with BA.

Thanks again for your all help!
In fairness, you shouldn't ever feel "caught by the website".

By Malaysia Airlines NOT offering a grace period for minor ticket changes, it opens themselves up to a window of exposure where people are incredibly annoyed with the airline.

I had a similar experience this week - minor error on my ticket. Called them within 5minutes and was told a RM 400 fee would apply.

Instead, as I was in Singapore - I found random people and guested them into both the Qantas and British Airways lounges. At presumably $50 USD per entry, all the lounge fees exceeded the amount I paid for the flight.
My small, passive way of saying FU.

I've heard of others who simply refuse to fly the airline ever again (thus massive revenue loss), tell their friends/colleges who poor the online experience is, etc.

I think we can all agree the MH website is below average and appears designed to trick you into certain features (ie: look at how when you select economy fares, the price shows the lowest economy ticket but the highlighted option is the most expensive - thus making you think you've selected the expensive ticket).
Additional baggage looks like it's to 'add on baggage' but in reality, it's only for Excess Baggage. How many people are buying baggage, thinking they need to in order to check-in bags? My guess: more than we think!