FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Show your favorite UA amenity kit bag
View Single Post
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:19 pm
wpcoe
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
j2simpso Naw. Not a sports fan at all. Just used what happened to be the default font on Photoshop at the time.

Originally Posted by JetBunny
Yes to the mesh bags!!! I use it as a wallet. Wore the first one out, currently on my second, and have a third still sealed & ready.
Amen to mesh bags. It's helpful when seated in tight confines (read: Y. Ugh.) to see what's in there and where to grab.

I also keep an extra of my favorite bags for replacements. Reminds me of a drinking buddy I had in Tokyo. A group of us would regularly meet up for drinks and one time a guy commented to another guy about this being the third time in a row he wore the same shirt. No, he explained. When he found a shirt he liked he bought a half dozen of them. That's really a guy thing, I think. Can you imagine a woman doing that?

When I lived in Japan, I stocked up on these zipper pouches from the 100-yen store for wallets, with a color coding system long etched into my memory for frequently visited countries (I have about a dozen of these pouches):

FYI, if you end up with a long layover in NRT -- say, over four hours -- you can take a Keisei Local train from the basement of the terminal and go two stops (after Terminal 2 station) to Kozounomori, and there is a big 100-yen store there (Daiso) right as you exit the station. Lots of nice little Asian tchotchkes in addition to handy things like the zipper pouches, reading glasses, socks, etc. Another reason I carry the nylon drawstring bag (D).

Last edited by wpcoe; Nov 13, 2019 at 1:56 pm Reason: add reply to JetBunny