FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Francisco, California {US-CA}
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:47 am
willywilkes

Trying to decide between a few hotels, Marriott and Hilton properties, apologies for cross-post in two forums. Going this weekend Sat - Mon to see the Harry Potter play at the Curran on Sunday. Arrive late afternoon Sat, depart early morn Mon.

Currently hilton gold based on CC status, will not climb to Diamond so don't need stay for anything

Considerations:
- Parc 55 - total price $305
-Hilton San Fran Union Square - total price $305
-San Fran Marriott Marquis - total price $406
-Park Central - total price $368

For my location, all seem to be essentially the same area and I don't think that is going to make a huge difference. We don't have plans for Sat night yet, Sunday morning we will BART to Berkeley to get breakfast at a favorite cafe of ours, then back into the city for the play all afternoon/night. We fly in and out of SFO and will BART between them. Will likely be leaving hotel around 6AM Monday morning.

I am Marriott Plat but don't think I will really utilize breakfast benefits there, so only real selling point is all day lounge access at Marriott Marquis. I have read through threads on the two hilton options and both seem fine - given same price, I think I am leaning towards Parc 55, but looking for any recent thoughts on one over the other, and if you have experience with either of the Marriott, would you pay $70-100 extra to go there instead?

I should have posted sooner because my cancellation deadline is tonight... Thanks!