FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:12 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by STS-134
Do you honestly think that if the numbers are low, they're going to reverse course and say "our bad, you all now can have access?" I think that's about as naïve as you can possibly get. What they're looking for is a way to justify what they did, but they have absolutely no intention of changing.

I agree that there are certain people in very high positions at UA (possibly just one person) who have absolutely no intention of changing their mind. But I also believe there are a number of good, influential people at UA who think what they are doing is not right, and are powerless to do anything about it. And I wouldn’t put it past the former to tell the latter “Show me the numbers, and if they really are as low as you claim, and if it won’t cost us more than $X, we will grant the exemption.” All decisions which UA makes these days are hyper-focused on the bottom line, to the exclusion of everything else. It’s a terrible way to run a company.

I think that we should still complain to whomever we can when we are flying UA/*A and at the UC’s.

Last edited by SS255; Nov 13, 2019 at 9:09 am