FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Detroit (DTW): The Definitive Thread
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:43 am
deebee7

I booked a flight for our family in april 2020 from Amsterdam to Orlando through Detroit. I had a2.5 hours layover in Detroit but now Delta has changed the times. I'm left with 1hour and 58minutes. I contacted them and they said it was enough as officially you only need 1.5 hours.
We need to clear immigration and take bags from one belt to another. We are travelling with 2 kids. It are both delta airlines flights.
I contacted them and they offered to rebook to the later flight going from Detroit to Orlando. We would then have a 4.5 hour layover.
I would be inclined to go with this offer BUT there is the time difference and travelling with 2 kids when it the middle of the night on their clock is not all that easy either.
Would 1hour and 58minutes be enough in Detroit? We are european so we don't have GE.
Our seats on the plane are not towards the front of the plane (row 25) so we won't be off the plane quickly.