FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Economy Hack (international)
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:17 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
this was the worst hack ever - NO one, not even people in the US (let alone the Swiss Air people) - seemed to believe me when I showed them that these flights were eligible for C+ on day of travel. The people in the SkyClub looked at me as though I was an alien from another planet. I finally got C+ both ways, cleared at gate - but first guy (in the U.S.) made it seem as though he was doing me a favor (????). Next time I'll just pay a bit more and book on DL directly.
The way someone looked at you made this the worst ever? Wow.

I’ve used this “hack” multiple times and it’s been great every time. The “worst” I had was an intra-airport people mover delay that was significant enough that I missed a flight on the reservation.

At first AFKLM agents there saw it endorsed as “no changeable” and didn’t want to touch it. Once I explained where the delay was exactly, a Supervisor was involved and he got me on the next flight no problem.

If they said my ticket was gone without value, arguably that would be one of the worst “outcomes” of this “hack.” Not getting a free upgrade but getting a look from an airport agent.