FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:39 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
This scenario happened yesterday and wondering what I'm entitled to:

I was booked on a one-way, one-stop flight from airport A to C with a connection at airport B. My first leg to A to B was delayed by more than 2 hours which would cause me to miss my leg from B-C. The system generated a new flight for me with a stopover at a different airport which would have gotten me home a day later and put me on a redye.

I was able to book a flight myself on Southwest to get me to B in time to make my original United leg from B-C.

A United phone agent canceled my full ticket A-B-C and used those funds to keep my B-C, maintaining my upgraded first-class seat on this flight. She told me I would need to contact customer relations after I had flown to request compensation for the fact that I had to rebook myself manually on another airline.

However, I automatically received an email yesterday with the subject "Refund Request" that seems to suggest a refund request has already been submitted for me, for the full amount of the original United ticket. Does this make sense? Or could this have been the refund that was applied to the truncated ticket from B-C.

Thanks for any feedback.