FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by D582
Amadeus Altea is a hosted system that is fully supported. Almost all of AC's *A (notable exception is UA) and major interline partners use it. The advantages of this are huge, as Altea is 'shared' system and all carriers involved in a reservation use the same PNR (no shadow copies or sync issues) - this is why you will see the same record locator for Amadeus carriers. The DCS system is also much more flexible and easier to use (AC has to use Sabre Qik overlays for reservations and DCS in order to allow for any shed of agent productivity).
Does this mean once and for all I’ll be able to select seats on an Aeroplan res with segments flown by * partners like I can already do on UA? What about being able to check for cash confirmed upgrade offers between booking and OLCI like I can on LH and UA? As a (for now) UA frequent flyer I would be curious to see how well the system meshes with SHARES their res system and whether baggage handling will operate smoothly, although that might be a question best posed for another thread