FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN or Signature) [2017>]
Old Nov 9, 2019, 12:23 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by tmiw
One Sears, one Kmart that I know of in this county. Though it's not like those two locations are doing that well either.

Anyway, going back somewhat on topic, I doubt they're ever going to get contactless. Not if they're so hard up that they had to stop accepting AmEx (presumably because of fees).
I heard somewhere the Sears Dealers were accepting Contactless. I purchased a battery from one of them a few months ago and they did not accept Contactless (or American Express). They had NCR Hardware but still looked to be running the usual Sears register software (pinpad interaction and receipt were identical to a Sears receipt). It is possible they got broken off to a different copy of the same old Sears system back when they separated those from Sears (I think they re-joined Sears last month).

I highly doubt we will see Sears or Kmart accepting NFC. I am surprised they even bought the readers. But they were closer to 1,200 stores still back when they bought those readers...