Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:01 am
Schwann

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fender5787

Assiette of colds cuts

Seabass congee

Stir fried beef in oyster and soy sauce with fried rice

Afternoon tea

Overall an extremely disappointing meal. Aside from the items just not tasting all that great (the cold cuts were pretty much inedible and were almost frozen yet still had a funky taste to it), the menu was very limited for what is a nearly 10 hour day flight with a scheduled 11pm arrival (more like 1130pm arrival). I get that QR schedules breakfast for its morning flights out to SE Asia, and for flights to BKK, KUL, etc, its totally appropriate. But for longer flights to the region such as this and others like MNL, they really should do a light breakfast followed by a full lunch. This menu, and the selection of food, is quite simply unacceptable for a flight of this nature in J.
I had this menu on DOH-HKG last week. You're right, it was crap. The cold cuts were dried out and the whole thing just sucked. I really think those flights with an evening arrival time should have lunch as the main menu option.

If you are on a similar flight again I suggest the hindu meal, to avoid at least that bloody sausage meal that makes an appearance ex-DOH 365 days of the year.