FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for disabled/elderly transport?
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:21 pm
mrspilot

Programs: AOPA, 1TE4
Godiva Works!

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
mrspilot,

I agree about the social worker. My dad is in a nursing home, and the social worker there has been very helpful. I typed up my plan for transporting my dad and FAXed it to her to get her approval and advice.

The whole staff there has been very helpful, so I sent them 3 pounds of Godiva chocolate. Not sure if it should be considered bribery (to continue taking good care of him) or appreciation.
MsEverywhere, I'm so pleased to hear the NH staff have been so helpful to you and your Dad. Godiva works as does any other gesture of appreciation. The size or expense of the appreciation gesture does not matter because they all have the same effect: staff feel gratified they made a difference in someone's life. Like so many other professions, most staff want to work at 150% throttle trying to exceed patient/family expectations but it's more typical to hear feedback the one time they don't hit a homerun. Therefore, when a patient or family reciprocates the kindness by doing something unexpected and not required for staff, like you did, it's always a pleasant surprise...and very much appreciated.

People Helping People at Work in the Fog,

mrspilot