FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada introduces zoned boarding
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:07 pm
codfather

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That's not at all what I was saying. AC has created boarding zones. I have Zone 1. I just want to be able to board in the zone that AC has told me I can board in, but often that's difficult.

I'm not proposing doing away with Z2, and I think you'll find those who suggested it above were joking.

The problem, really, is that AC frequently only has one line for both Z1 and Z2. I don't expect or want to jump ahead of any Z1s who have arrived at the gate ahead of me. But Z2s often clog the Z1/2 line and make it difficult to take advantage of Z1 boarding.

By the way, it's not just SEs who can be Super Entitled. I'll never forget one Z2 who was Smeagol-like in guarding his place at the head of the Z1/2 line, brandishing his TD Visa Infinite, desperately looking forward to the precious priority boarding, who had to be admonished by the GA to let me and other Z1s through. YYC-YYZ a few years ago, gate C58 (although it was probably A18 back then). I still get a chuckle every time I think of that guy...

Anyway, I'm all for E35-75K having Z2, and there being a Z2; I just don't want their attempts to enjoy their entitlements to prevent me from enjoying mine
I knew the guys were joking about it above, but Z2s often get the short end of the stick on this forum anyways Lol

I have to say though, I also hate when the Z1/Z2 lines aren't separated, it is very annoying trying to get past gate lice the times I do fly in J class...

That is a hilarious story though Adam Smith, I assume he was enjoying his fixed mileage flight reward to the fullest with a free checked bag also!