Old Nov 8, 19, 1:41 pm
HKG_Flyer1

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL PLT; EK SLV; VX GLD; HHonors DIAM; SPG Platinum
Mistake on refaring; prospects for correcting after the fact

Would appreciate some advice. While in NY on business, I had a sudden need to make a flight change while in the middle of a meeting. I tried to change my flight on DL.com, but the system wouldn't let me (perhaps because I had already checked in)? I then pulled up airfares on DL.com, which were in the range I expected.

I then called in to request the change (while simultaneously conducting a meeting-- so, yeah, I was distracted). I couldn't clearly hear the fare quoted, and told the agent to go ahead and book it.

Once I got home, I was stunned to find that I had been charged over $1,000 for the one-way LGA-DFW return leg, using the fare basis YA0RA0FL (see below).

DL's filed fares as of today.

I checked DL.com literally right before I called and none of the fares were remotely close to what I was charged (the first class fare was roughly $700, which appears to be the MA0OA0FB fare basis). I've submitted a request for DL to look into this, but admit I share a lot of the blame for not listening closely to the agent while the transaction was being processed.

Do any of the experienced DL FT hands believe I will get a credit?

(As an aside, DL, AA and WN started a "reverse airfare war" on this route about a month ago, with the cheapest roundtrip airfares between DFW/DAL now starting at around $1,000 RT if purchased within three days of travel-- except for a 6:00 a.m. WN departure which still prices consistent with past trends.)

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; Nov 8, 19 at 1:59 pm