FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Share your favorite travel "secrets"
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:00 am
rsqrott

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple

I also use the larger ziplocs (the freezer type b/c they are thicker/stronger) for anything that might ooze within checked luggage. In some cases, I'll double ziploc them, and also put something like a washcloth inside the inner ziploc. Thus far, that washcloth has always survived intact and dry :-)

But after reading what you wrote, I like the idea of putting each of the 311 liquids into a tiny ziploc. Shouldn't be any problem with inspection, given they are all clear.

I also bring along a bunch of quart and gallon freezer ziplocs for "whatever" during the trip or en route home. They don't take up much space just sitting flat on the bottom of a carry on (or checked) bag, and I just let them stay there when unpacking (along with some other "always take along" items).
I keep extra ziplocs in all of my bags. Like GC they're among the things that always stay packed (along with a shoe shine cloth and a plastic fedex mailing "window" as an emergency lint brush). But I always individually ziploc any liquids in checked or carry on, just in case. This way if something leaks it will be contained in the bag as opposed to leaking all over my ...everything. But tucking in a washcloth around something prior to bagging, in case of leaks, is a great idea.

Lately I've been using them to segregate some of my toiletry arsenal as well. Since they're clear it's east to spot what's what and saves me digging through my toiletry bags trying to hunt down the elusive whatever. Even my morning makeup powerhouse is all together in a small snack bag so that I can just pull it out and everything's there. No hunting around for the travel sized Beauty Blender sponge or eyeliner since it's all in the bag.