FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are airlines dropping Chicago - London route?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:24 am
AAguy1979

I don't think anyone has dropped this route. BA and AA dominate with their joint venture and I believe United has 3 (sometimes 4?) flights daily. Norwegian did drop the route for winter but the Gatwick flight returns next spring, beginning March 29 and departing Chicago 5x a week (Sun, Mon, Weds, Thurs, and Fri) for April (spring break I'm guessing) and then 4x a week (Sun, Mon, Weds, Fri) through October 23. I need a one-way flight back to ORD in September and have booked with Norwegian so, fingers crossed, they'll survive. I couldn't stand the idea of paying $250 for the "privilege" of using miles on AA/BA when I could buy a premium economy flight outright for $525 on Norwegian. But I'd encourage the purchase of some ancillary travel insurance for ANYONE booking Norwegian that far out. Just make sure the policy includes Norwegian as a covered carrier for financial default (Allianz, my go-to, didn't). I'm sure I could fight the charge with AMEX but better safe than sorry.