FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Latam Peru versus US prices
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:28 pm
krzysz

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by Felix Schott
First of all thanks for all the information. So I've been trying to book the Puerto Maldonado > Lima flight on the 20th of November at 14:06 (LA2082) on the Peruvian Website to save an enormous amount.

The price is just about double on the German website. Everything works fine up until seat selection, then it just says "Select your seats in advance" (Selecciona anticipadamente tus asientos) without anything beneath it. Literally just white. I've tried Firefox and Chrome on my phone (trying display as desktop site as well) and Safari on another phone.

Anybody have some experience with this? We even went to a LATAM agency, where they added a 16$ service charge per Person to the Peru rate. We chose (which I now regret) to instead try and book it online again. I've typed in all the information for me and my travel partner so many times I'm about to throw my phone across the room.

Edit: I also just thought I'd lost this entire text because I tried to attach a screenshot and my account is too young, but this website has an amazing restore function.
I have never had any problems booking flights on the Peruvian site. In fact, I made a reservation a few days ago, so I am not sure why you had an issue with seat selection. The only restriction that I have observed so far is that you need to use a MasterCard for payments. Visa cards issued outside Peru are not accepted.