FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - North Island, a Luxury Collection Resort, Seychelles [Master Thread]
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:46 am
thomasito

Originally Posted by darnold
Marriott post-merger has proven that they are willing to ignore their T&C when convenient, or modify them post-hoc. Capacity controls, Titanium upgrades, SNAs, the list goes on... I don't see any reason to believe that this situation will go any differently! My guess is that we'll simply never see points rates available and at some point a new exclusion will be added to the T&C for this property.
First, it's still a bit early to say anything about Bonvoy integration, as the hotel will officially join The Luxury Collection in December. My guess is that Marriott will add this hotel as an exception in their Terms. Maybe no Bonvoy affiliation at all, or just earning (which would be better than nothing). But maybe it will become a Cat 8 with only one dedicated suite available for points (they could even create a new suite category for this). For sure they need to apply very strict cancellation policies for point bookings then. They will have 100% occupancy only few times of the year, so getting rooms booked and earn some revenue could be still a plus for the hotel.
Even if there will every be the option to book with points, keep in mind that the helicopter transfer is on top and quite steep too.