FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:57 am
be_rettSEA

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
I have not done many Same Day Changes. However, when I do, I am frustrated regarding waitlists and seat selections.

Example:
a. On the app at check in, I SDC to an earlier flight. Hours later, I am not showing on the first class waitlist.
b. I call and was told that I am indeed on the list.
c. Hours later and after refreshing the app, I still don't show on the app waitlist.
d. I can't select another main cabin seat that opened up.

In my infrequent previous experience, when I didn't show up on the upgrade list, I would call and after the call I could then see myself on the list.

1. Am I really on the upgrade list if I don't show on it?
2. Should I do anything at this point either to get the other seat or about the waitlist. Call again?
I've not seen the issue where you're unable to select another seat, so can't help there, but I have seen the not showing up on waitlist plenty. If you don't see yourself on the app/gate waitlist, you're not on it. To prevent it from happening, wait a good 10-15 mins before you check in for your new flight for whatever backend magic has to happen, and that generally will get you there. Calling in can help sometimes, but most cases I find agents just say "no, I see you on it" and don't do much to help. Some will put you on hold, remove you and re-add you (or something similar) and that does tend to do something, but the waiting to check-in is easier.