FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Nov 7, 2019, 1:22 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Don’t worry - us Ambassadors feel similar things about Your24 which is the one benefit kept for that level. General theme seems to be Marriott finding ways of pissing off their elites for no real reason.
have a stay coming up next week where i asked for an 8am your24 check-in....my ambassador sent in the request & didn't hear back for over a week....i asked her to follow up & the property finally denied the request stating that there are high occupancy levels so they cannot offer the early check-in....

that seemed misleading since the available rate was around $70 a night whereas i have paid much higher rates at this property....out of curiosity, i called the hotel to ask if i could block a large number of rooms for an event....i was connected to their reservation department & i asked them how many rooms were available for 2 nights (the night before & the night of my stay)....they quickly confirmed that this was low season & they would be able to offer me 50-60 rooms for both nights....i thanked them for the information & told them i needed more rooms so i wouldn't be interested....

doesn't seem like 'high occupancy levels' to me....both the your24 & sna programs are broken....marriott just doesn't seem to care....i currently have 7 out of 10 suite nights still in my account....all seven expire at the end of the year....i've now requested them for upcoming stays where i don't really need to use them but i have no choice since they all expire in a couple of months....