FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are Black Cards Rare?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:44 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Zorn_
Yeah I knew they get a dedicated person, but can they actually do things that the Amex concierge can't? I don't know the answer but I suspect no. For instance, in my above example, could the Centurion concierge actually get me sold out tickets, or just spit out a link to Stubhub again? That's what I'm curious about.
I suspect not. The point of the RM is to get to know their clients so that it isn't a cold call every time the way it was with Platinum. Once they know you it becomes a little easier for them to work with you on things that can be done (and how far you are willing to go to get it) and break news to you about things that can't. The point of an earlier comment was that the RMs are not miracle workers. There is nothing they can do that you couldn't do yourself but, like having a good secretary, it is often a better use of your time to have someone else do things like this so that you can use your time better/more efficiently. This is why Centurion is not about getting status with DL or having a shopping benefit or things like that.