FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking problems with AA
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:01 pm
TheHak

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Certainly calling using Skype would have been a cheaper option. I am not sure I fully understand the reference to the passport numbers as for a domestic itinerary within the USA you wouldn't need to provide this information. Admittedly for reward bookings made on BA for travel with AA it won't show DOB on the AA record locator so I think it would have been difficult to know there was an issue ahead of time.
There is no passport information given. BA however needed the passport to match so they could change the date of birth. It seems that there was a system glitch that processed the booking with wrong dates of birth and fantasy passport information that obviously I couldn't find and so we couldn't fix the dob. Yes impossible to detect the pb ahead of time

I don't have skype as I use facetime. Obiosuly doesn't work for this situation. Also I was a little panicked given I had 6 people on a booking I feared could result in a denial. What week systems. will still ask for a refund although knowing BA and its not our fault policy I know I wont get.