FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking problems with AA
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:00 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by TheHak
So i booked an award ticket with BA on AA from LAX to SAT.

Everything looked fine until online check in when it didnt work. Because we have TSA PRE i always like to check in in advance and called AA. They told me that every single person on teh booking had the same date of birth June 30, 1970.

The booking was made on the BA website using my profile and using people in my household account.

anyhow I then called BA (no 800 line at this time -midnight in the USA just a 44 191 246 3933 number for urgent matters). The lady kept me online for 45 mins trying whatever she could. In the end she told me my passport numbers didnt match (usually you dont put passport numbers in bookings and I suspect that this was also a corrupt passport number) so she couldnt make the change - that call alone cost me 120$ (yes mobile to UK number)

I slept badly and we went to the airport 3 hours earlier and it took 30 mins to have it fixed.

How is this possible. Have you experienced this before?

I am going to ask for the refund to the 120$ to BA as they should put a 800 number available for urgent matters but assume they'll decline.

Any views?
No Skype?