FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mexico City / CDMX Stay, Eat, Drink, See & Get Around (annotated)
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:58 am
kevincrumbs

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by lamphs
That said, if I were to lodge at a VRBO or like property for 4 full days, what neighborhood(s) should I consider. Not concerned about using public transportation. I want to make the most of my first time visit (well travelled - so I am not needy). Would like to be able to walk at night with a cigar. And likely I'd want a neighborhood where I can get a quick cup of coffee before I start my day.
We stayed in Roma Norte in August and really loved it. A nice mix of some creature comforts, eg fancy cafes and restaurants, but also "normal" life like the taco stand we had breakfast from every morning along with some nice parks. We never once worried about safety but we were with our seven year old so we weren't exactly walking around at one in the morning. We spent part of an afternoon in the Polanco and while it was nice, it was a bit too nice and sanitised, especially Avenida Presidente Masaryk.