FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
InterContinental New Orleans

InterContinental London New Orleans

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a Superior Room for three nights using points. The day before arrival, I was moved into a King Superior Top Floor and at check-in, I asked for a more significant upgrade and accepted a King Business Suite for $50/night. I'm Spire Ambassador.

How are the rooms? The suite was on the 14th (hotel is 15 stories high) floor, marked as an Executive Floor. The suite consists of a small foyer with the bathroom and closet adjacent and then a large bedroom area that is wider than the standard rooms. The bath has a single sink (very shallow) and a separate room where the toilet and walk-in shower (no tub) is located. Standard Agraria bath amenities provided, and still in small, travel-sized bottles. The work desk has a nice multi-port surge protector with US standard plugs and two USB. The bedside lamps also have US standard plugs and there was a USB port in the bedside clock.

It was nice to have a view facing Canal Street, rather than the office building next door. It was very quiet during my stay; I spent a day working from the room and the extra space and layout was nice to have.

How is the exec. lounge? n/a I was given vouchers for a complimentary breakfast buffet at Pete's (the casual restaurant onsite) for each day of my stay. The quality and selection of the food at the buffet was very good.

What was good and what was bad? Good - Welcome amenity of a fruit plate and large bottle of Fiji water. A second bottle was brought over later on my first day. Each night, two bottles of regular water were delivered. Free breakfast (including gratuity) was very nice. I like the location of the hotel, in the middle of the Central Business District, over staying in the French Quarter. It was a short walk to Canal Street to stock up on snacks and drinks and there's very good food options within a walking distance or a streetcar/rideshare ride away. My only complaints are the water pressure in the shower was a bit low and my desk lamp was missing a light bulb (this was quickly rectified). The staff were very helpful and quick to respond to inquiries.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? Decent rates can be found but during peak times, a points redemption can provide good value. I would certainly stay here again, although I might give a look at the new Kimpton (old Staybridge Suites) that will open in a few months down on Poydras, across from Mother's.