FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott shoots self in foot re: resort fee disclosure
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:59 pm
Tanic

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by JW6130
I'm staying at a Hyatt on points currently, and they waived the resort fee for me as a very low-level Hyatt member. They actually stopped the check-in process because the manager wanted to personally greet me, thank me for my loyalty to Hyatt, and offer me a direct contact if I needed anything during my stay. And they gave me a two-level room upgrade at no charge. They also upgraded my lounge access via points to full a-la-carte breakfast at the restaurant, and allowed me to have access to an even nicer lounge. The front desk person even proactively offered me 2:00pm late checkout, even though I can't use it. I was in shock, because my check-in experience with Marriott is never like that.... I'm scratching my head as a Lifetime Titanium why I still stay at Marriott hotels. I've started dipping my toe in the Hilton and Hyatt waters this year, and it has been an overall excellent experience with both.
I status matched to Hyatt Diamond (now Globalist) one year and noticed the exact contrast you describe.

FWIW Hyatt and Hilton waive resort fees when all points/no cash are used for an award stay.